[pct-l] Deer Springs Trail Into Idyllwild

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Sun Apr 5 10:27:54 CDT 2009

Good morning, Phil,

I haven’t taken the Deer Springs Trail but my guess is this:  Deer Springs
Trail goes all the way to town with no chance of a hitch, while most
Devils’s Slide hikers yogi a ride to/from Humber Park saving about a mile of
walking and an additional 1000 ft. of altitude change.   Plus, the Deer
Springs Trailhead is about 6 miles further up the PCT and hikers may just be
anxious to get to town.  Both considerations would influence me.

Steel-Eye

Hiking the Pct since before it was the PCT -- 1965

 http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

 http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09