[pct-l] Deer Springs Trail Into Idyllwild

David Ellzey david at xpletive.com
Sun Apr 5 15:54:35 CDT 2009

I believe that most PCT hikers get to Saddle Junction, look at the 2.5 miles down Devils Slide and are hoping to hitch a ride to town at Humber Park. If they fail it's a miserable road stumble to town.

Otherwise it's another 4.2 miles to Strawberry Junction where you would leave the PCT and take Deer Springs 4.3 miles to Hwy 243. It's less than a mile from there to town.

I suppose trail condition and steepness is subjective but I always considered Deer Springs to be a well maintained and relatively mellow trail.

Dave