[pct-l] hiking quiz

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Mon Apr 6 00:16:19 CDT 2009

On Apr 5, 2009, at 6:26 PM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> would like to put it on this forum and see if there is any difference
> in the attitudes towards it, scores (if you care to post your
> results),
> and any comments.
> Feel free to say what you think.  I'm a big boy and can take it.
>
> Here is the link to my blog and the quiz:   http://
> fiddlehead.wordpress.com/2009/03/30/rate-your-hiking-ability/
>
> thanks everyone, fiddlehead

I think there are too many questions about snow. There is very little
snow where I live. So having snow hiking skills would really only
indicate that I have a desire to travel to snowy places, places most
people flee from to come to my neck of the woods. I'd much rather
romp through wildflowers while the rest of the country is wondering
when spring will ever get here.

And I'm sure that most of the people who hike the PCT can't tell the
difference between desert and chaparral so they'll say they've hiked
hundreds of miles in the desert when really it was only a few parts
of a couple of days.

Not sure what the rafting stuff has to do with hiking, but I suppose
if you live where rivers are more than 3 feet deep then maybe it
means something.

Otherwise, it was a fun quiz. I can't see why anyone would make a
fuss over it.