[pct-l] cool animal sightings on the trail

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Mon Apr 6 22:31:39 CDT 2009

Say Chuck,
How come I see so many rattlers, in the Grand Canyon, in the open or in the middle of the trail?
I know what you mean about bears confining themselves to digging.
In the Sierra they have been digging in hiker packs so much, that they now require hikers to carry
those dig proof bear containers almost everywhere.

JMT Reinhold
Steel-Eye wrote:
Most of the critters along the PCT pretty much go about their business in a
straight-forward, predictable fashion:  Deer and elk browse, hawks soar, and
rattlesnakes curl up under a bush, etc.  Except for cubs that often do some
interesting things, even bears generally confine themselves to digging and
delving.