[pct-l] Paradise Cafe Operating Days

Dave and Cindy hikeon at surewest.net
Thu Apr 9 21:11:17 CDT 2009

Don't forget their cobbler!!  Zorro from Barcelona did not even know what
Cobbler was until he tried some from the Paradise Cafe.  What a treat.
We called ahead from our cell phone last year.  The Cafe closed early on
Wednesday and we knew we were never going to make it in time.  So, Tarzan
called and ordered three burgers one for each of us with a choice of five
different cheeses and at least three choices of sides, using his visa card.
When we arrived, about three hours after closing, the burgers were there
waiting for us on the picnic table.  The owner came out and said we could
use the facilities if we wanted.  Tarzan went inside and then asked if she
had any desserts!!!  She said, sure, would you like some cobbler ala mode?
What a thing to ask a thru hiker!!!  Very nice people and well worth the
extra mile.
Zelda