[pct-l] off the beaten path

Alison Scheiderer alison.scheiderer at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 15:10:01 CDT 2009

Last year, Parkbench and Moneyshot and I took a lovely detour just north of
Crater Lake. We bushwhacked across the scrubland west of the lake to
reconnect with the Horse PCT and then took the Boundary Creek trail to the
headwaters of the Rogue RIver, a magical spot. From there, we walked to
Diamond Lake and pizza and got back on the PCT on the Mt. Thielsen trail. We
climbed Thielsen too, which was quite a rush. Our route was beautiful and
verdant and circumvented a long waterless stretch of official PCT. highly
recommended.-Laces