[pct-l] San Jacinto Mountain

Matthew Edwards hetchhetchyman at aol.com
Mon Apr 13 23:32:48 CDT 2009

I have been studying the maps and Yogi's excellent guide. The obvious route after returning from Idylwild to Saddle Jct via Devils slide for those bound for the summit of SanJacinto is Wellman's Cienega Trail.
My question is how nuts would it be to use the Marion Ridge trail in and out of Idylwild and then just Summit San Jacinto from the SJ Peak trail(map B 10) and then backtrack to the PCT.
I know this is probably a HYOH question. I am just curious what your reaction would be. That way I would not be skipping the section of PCT from Wellman's to SJ Peak Trail.
Thanks Ahead of time, This forum rocks!
Matthew

Sent from the Trail on my Peek