[pct-l] PCT Bear Canister Loan Program - Thank you!!

enyapjr at comcast.net enyapjr at comcast.net
Tue Apr 14 19:01:29 CDT 2009

The "PCT Perpetual Bear Canister Loan Program" is still alive and well for now...
There will be at least 24 canisters in the permanent inventory for '09, plus an additional 4 personal canisters loaned out "one-on-one"...

I would like to thank all those that have assisted and donated to the bear canister loan program since 2007...

First and foremost, a special thank you to the Saufley's (Donna and Jeff) at Hiker Heaven, not only for their donations,
but far more importantly for the free storage, distribution, and receiving of returns - the program probably couldn't have even
begun without their help and support...

The following have donated canisters to the program:
The Saufley's, Postholer.com, BearVault, MoonTrail.com, Gossamer Gear, ULA, "Erik the Black", Greg Hardwick,
"Garlic Man", the Alcorns, Lawrence "Bear" Beals, Andrew, Kathi Muto, Switchback, and Jim Payne...
Thank you all very much, it is greatly appreciated by many thrus - since 2007 to the present, and hopefully for years to come...

A hearty thank you is also due to Alison "Laces" Scheiderer for stepping up and volunteering to perform the
posting and selection process of borrowers for the '09 season...

Thanks to MoonTrail for offering a discounted price of $60.44 (including shipping) for each BearVault BV-500 canister
donated to the program...
There is still time to donate a canister if anyone is interested - contact me off-list for the details of receiving the discounted
price (good only for purchases shipped to the loan program, however)...

Also, thank you to the personal "one-on-one" loans made available in '08 and '09 by the following:
"Ceanothus", "Girl Scout", "Steel-Eye", "Doodlebug", Mike Aken, "Sleepwalker", "Stabby", "Tortoise", and Kevin Clayton...

Thanks to all the above and also many unnamed others for the continuing words of encouragement...
And thank you, Squatch, for hinting of the loan program in your latest DVD, "Walked", during interview with "A-Train"...

To all '09 PCT hikers:  Best wishes and good luck.  Enjoy the journey!  Happy trails!!!
Jim / PITA

"Now I see the secret of making the best person: it is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth."
Walt Whitman, Song of the Open Road

"That so few now dare to be eccentric marks the chief danger of our time."  - John Stuart Mill