[pct-l] Halfmile at the kickoff

Tobin Van Pelt tobin.van.pelt at mac.com
Thu Apr 16 10:21:25 CDT 2009

Halfmile -

I will look for you at kickoff.  I have a new 3G GPS enabled
iphone ... battery life is not great but I am going to have to
deal ... may augment with small solar unit ... still testing.

BTW - do you know of any way of preloading maps on to the iphone
device?  All of the GPS apps that I have looked at seem to only load
when needed and then cache.  I would (for obvious reasons), want to
download as much as possible in advance and then use when out of
coverage.  Have not researched this a bunch yet ... and don't have
time now to write my own app.

Thanks.

Tobin