[pct-l] "MY WAY"....not Mags way....is the only way to thru the PCT in style

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Fri Apr 17 00:21:18 CDT 2009

Mags,
You got it all wrong!!!
"MY WAY"...."THE JMT REINHOLD WAY" aka "THE CLEOPATRA WAY"....NOT YOUR WAY, is the only way to
thru the PCT in style...."ON A FLOAT", carried by four big, sturdy float carriers like Strider,
AsABat, Elevator and Meadow Ed, and two fan girls, one on each side of the float, preferable
good looking hiker babes like L-Rod & Yogi, fanning me with palm fans to keep me cool and keep
the flies and mosquitoes away and trumpet blowers leading the way to alert the "hiker trash" to
step aside and bow as my float goes by.
Of course I will be consuming vast quantities of gourmet food, drinking the best of wines and
munching grapes as my float keeps moving on down the trail.
If Mags bows, as my float goes by, I may toss him some grapes.

I must get in contact with Strider, AsABat, Elevator and Meadow Ed immediately to arrange for
them to be my float carriers and L-Rod and Yogi to be my fan girls.
Yes, this will be so neat,....this is the only way to threw the PCT in style.
I am so exited about this I can barely wait for the KO.

I just love roughing it in the wilderness!!!

JMT Reinhold
Your hard to the core trail companion

Mags wrote:
So, I a summed up the real philosophy of hiking:

HIKE MY HIKE - DAMN IT
The one, true, correct and absolute way to hike,

Why? Because all other ways are wrong. ;)
http://www.pmags.com/joomla/pdf/hike-my-hike-damn-it.pdf