[pct-l] Transportation: LA to Walker Pass/Onyx

Will Hiltz will.hiltz at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 09:49:13 CDT 2009

I did this back in '07.  Here's how to do it:

Amtrak or Greyhound to Bakersfield, CA.  Though it is "amtrak" it might be a
bus, but they still go there.

>From Bakersfield, take the Kern Valley Regional Transit bus up to Lake
Isabella.  Get food.  Take the same bus up to Onyx.  From there, it is a
20-30 mile hitch east to the pass.  Try getting a ride at the Chevron.  Also
be aware that there is very little going on in Onyx.

YITOOD,

Easy