[pct-l] Amount of water containers

AsABat AsABat at 4Jeffrey.Net
Sun Apr 19 21:28:41 CDT 2009

Maybe I missed it, but I have seen hikers rely on one large water
container rather than multiple smaller containers, only to have the
large container spring a leak and lose ALL their water. Much better to
have several smaller container so a leak is not so catastrophic.

I prefer Gatorade and 2-liter soda bottles myself for my main water
supply, using collapsible Platys when they might be used only
occasionally for extra capacity. Gatorade and soda bottles have the
advantages of being cheap, easily replaceable, and come with bonus
calorie-laden beverages.

AsABat