[pct-l] Food

Bob Bankhead wandering_bob at comcast.net
Thu Apr 23 16:19:28 CDT 2009

Crystal Light also makes Crystal Light On the Go Hydration packets, sold in boxes of 14 packets each.

Weight is just under 1 ounce per packet.

Flavors are "Lightly Lemon" and "Berry Splash". We used them on the JMT last year and they're really great. Berry Splash is like a fruit punch and not everyone will like it. The label calls for 1 packet per 1/2 liter of water, but I find that's too strong taste-wise; I use 3 packets in a 2 liter Platy bladder and find it tastes much better.

They are the same flavor as regular Crystal Light, but with hydration salts added (35 mg potassium and 75 mg sodium).

Available at your grocery with the othe Crystal Light boxes. Look for  HYDRATION on the box as otherwise they are the same color and shape as regular CL. Easy to make an error in haste.

Wandering (but well-hydrated) Bob