[pct-l] Kick-off thanks

Ellen Shopes igellen at comcast.net
Sun Apr 26 21:12:29 CDT 2009

As a member of the class of 2010, I had the good fortune to make it to this year's kickoff.
Wow, what an awesome event!  I loved the casual atmosphere.  Everyone, from the least experienced to the most, was approachable and eager to talk.  Got lots of great info and advice from hikers, gear vendors, trail advocates and angels, govt agencies, you name it.
The activities were well organized, surprising for a event organized by volunteers.
And this morning I awoke to the breakfast crew singing "The 12 Days of Hiking"--loved it!
Thank you all for all your hard work, for your friendly help, and your inspiration!
Elderly Ellen