[pct-l] 2008 Class DVDs

dicentra dicentragirl at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 27 11:17:14 CDT 2009

Yup. I had lunch with Switchback the Pirate on Saturday... But I had the Incredible Bulk there to protect me! lol. Good peeps.

I'm thrilled to have met so many of you... There was a bunch more I wanted to met, but not sure if I did.  There will be more KOs... I'll be there.

A BIG FAT THANK YOU to everyone who came to my presentation (and heckled my trivia contestents! lol) and for all your kind words about the book, site and my food stuff in general all weekend. I'm no expert, but I do love to share what little I do know. :)

Also a big fat thank you to Manny aka "Not Yet" (is he on this thing?) for picking me up at the airport and making sure I was well taken care of. The chair you loaned me got donated to Old Station - no one I talked to knew how to find you. I hope that was okay. You didn't seem too concerned about it...

Another big fat thank you (again!) to Half Mile. He not only gave me a ride to the airport on Sunday and a freaking AWESOME tour of Section A, including a visit to the monument. You have no idea how much that meant to me!!

I had a bit of trail magic (don't know what else to call it...) in regards to my plane ride down. First, I was sitting on the plane, and the guy next to me is sort of reading over my shoulder a bit. He says "I see you have a note about Yogi's book, are you going to kick off?" Turns out he was headed there too, then off to The Trail for 5 weeks... So I chatted instead of working. LOL.

THEN... I run into Wildflower, who I didn't know lived by me... And we were talking about where we flew in from. The conversation went a little something like this...

Me: Yeah, I flew in from Seattle yesterday
Her: Really? Me too. Alaska? (as in airlines)
Me: Yup.
Her: Flight 494?
Me: Yeah...

We were on the same flight!!! And didn't see each other. LOL.

I'll be writing up my trip report tonight, with photos... So much to say. Amazing weekend. Still reeling...

My photos are up on Face Book. Please go look and tag if you recognize anyone!! Comments welcome.

I loves my PCT family...

~Dicentra

http://www.onepanwonders.com ~ Backcountry Cooking at its Finest
http://www.freewebs.com/dicentra