[pct-l] Food for the gluten intollerant?

Trekker4 at aol.com Trekker4 at aol.com
Wed Apr 29 09:58:54 CDT 2009

Rebecca,
I don't cook when hiking. Check out ProBars (abt 10 flavors now), &
SoyaKass soy cheese (abt 5 flavors now & keeps unopened outside a fridge or
freezer for up to a month) online; you might be able to use them. Buy  SoyaKass
by the case, for a possible discount, from your local health food  or grocery
store; buy ProBars by the case at REI, for a 20% discount.
People think ProBars, now abt $3.40 ea, are expensive; I eat two for
dinner, my last couple hours of hiking each day; a good backpacking dinner,
AlpineAire being the only tasty & certainly healthiest brand
IMHButHighlyAccurateO, costs the same $7. SoyaKass comes in 12 oz blocks; I eat  4 oz per day,
as a snack; that costs me abt $2.50 probably.
I also eat 1/2 cup trail mix daily, Extreme by Kettle (yes, the chip
people), IMHBHAO the best, which you should also be able to use. Sorry, my 1
Clif Bar, 1 other bar, & 1 cup granola each day won't help you.
For further ?s, email me off-list.
Trekker

In a message dated 4/23/2009 7:40:09 P.M. Central Daylight Time,