[pct-l] 2009 DEPARTURES

Freiman, Paul pfreiman at ucsd.edu
Wed Apr 29 18:17:33 CDT 2009

How many did you have visit the store before the KO?  I was telling people 200.

Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 11:35:08 -0700
From: Len Glassner <len5742 at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [pct-l] 2009 Campo departures
To: pct-l <pct-l at mailman.backcountry.net>

The border register was replaced on 4/12, so I don't counts to compare
to last years data, so...

Here's how the last two weeks of departures compare, last year vs. this year.

Last year, KO started one day later than this year.

I counted this year on Saturday 4/26 afternoon, so no data for Sunday.
 I try to count only prospective thru-hiker sign-ins, but many times
it's a judgement call.

Bottom line - the aggregate number is more-or-less unchanged from last
year.  Maybe a small percent more this year, but hard to say given the
difficulty of judging sign-ins.

> Date      count
>
>         2008    2009
> 4/