[pct-l] Oregon Section F Santiam Pass to Mt. Jefferson

Pat Wormington airecrew at netzero.net
Tue Aug 4 21:03:34 CDT 2009

Glad to hear a report about this section.  It sounds like the snow
fields I encountered July 20 have melted out.   My plan was to hike the
fire closure I encountered in 2006.  I started at Woodpecker Ridge
hiking South and on the South side of Mt. Jefferson  a couple of trail
junctions were under snow and I was on the wrong  trail, feeling lost
for the first time in 2500 miles on the PCT.  Thank goodness for the old
blazes on the trees.  I some how found them when I back tracked and was
headed in the right direction.

My husband is on trail crew.  O but I wish I was there to greet the thru
hikers I met in Southern CA in April/May.  My turn to hold down the fort
with a couple of elderly Airedales.
Good Luck to you all..............Jollylopper