[pct-l] Northern California in August - snow conditions?

Mike Ronstadt threeeasysteps at live.com
Thu Aug 6 10:57:27 CDT 2009

What does that mean in terms of gear, aside from usual cold weather supplies (clothes, bag, etc.)?  Should I carry an ice axe, mountaineering crampons, something else?  I'm also a bit concerned about losing the trail if there's a significant amount of snow and no other footsteps to follow in the snow (happened once on the AT).

summermike