[pct-l] fire near Heitman's

Rena Farrington renajf at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 12:09:45 CDT 2009

Just a little information. I received a brief call last night about 6:30 pm
from my son Todd who had been staying with Firefly & Firewalker on Monday
and Tuesday nights. Their daughter had given him and two other hikers rides
to Burney Falls last night. He said that the Heitmans were safe and that the
fires were Really Big, he had to get off, as there was a line for the phone
and so could not go into details. So for the people concerned about the
Heitmans as of yesterday when he left they were safe. As a mother of a thru
that was in danger and the Heitmans were there for him I can't think of
words that can fully describe my gratitude! They are so amazing and I know
what an impact they and all the Trail Angels have on not just the hikers but
the family and friends of each hiker they bless with their devotion,
generosity and care, there is a special place in heaven for these amazing
soles. I can't thank you enough!!!!! My prayers are with all of you!!!!!!! I
wish I had more info, and I am sorry I was not near a computer until now so
I am sorry it is a half a day late. Thank you all for the support that this
site offers for hikers and their families, you really are a great group of
people! 3tmom (Rena)