[pct-l] Hiker fell from PCT north of Snoqualmie - hurt, but rescued

Eric Lee saintgimp at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 6 15:25:20 CDT 2009

Barry wrote:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2009607203_hikerrescue06m.ht
ml

Oh, wow.  I took James from the Seattle airport out to Snoqualmie Pass on
Monday morning.  He was doing his sixth section hike, from Snoqualmie to
Manning, and was supposed to finish the trail this year.  He was a really
great guy and this is a terrible thing to have happened.

It's ironic that during the drive we were talking about things that people
say to us long-distance hikers, like, "Are you actually going by yourself?"
We agreed that on the PCT, if an accident happens either you get killed
instantly or you can lay there and wait for someone to come along and help
you.  Sounds like it might have been a pretty near thing for Jim, though.

Eric