[pct-l] Oregon SNOTEL data... what's up?

Nikii Murtaugh boundforadventure at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 22:29:56 CDT 2009

A nice cool front with rain moved through Eastern Oregon last night and
brought welcome relief to the triple digits and high 90 degree temps.
Today's high was 70 and pretty wet.

This is the 7 day forecast from NOAA for the Oregon Cascades:
*Tonight*...Mostly cloudy. Isolated showers in the evening. Snow level above
8000 feet. Pass winds west 5 to 15 mph...with gusts to 25 mph exposed areas
in the evening.

*Saturday*...Mostly cloudy in the morning...then partly sunny. Free air
freezing level 12000 feet rising to 13000 feet in the afternoon. Light wind
becoming northwest 5 to 15 mph in the afternoon.

*Saturday Night*...Partly cloudy in the evening...then mostly cloudy. Free
air freezing level 12000 feet. Pass winds northwest 5 to 10 mph.

*Sunday*...Mostly cloudy with a slight chance of rain or drizzle in the
morning...then partly sunny in the afternoon. Snow level above 8000 feet
rising to 13000 feet in the afternoon. Pass winds west 5 to 10 mph.

*Sunday Night*...Partly cloudy. Free air freezing level 13000 feet. Pass
winds southwest 5 to 10 mph.

*Monday*...Partly sunny. Free air freezing level 13000 feet.

*Monday Night*...Partly cloudy with a slight chance of showers. Snow level
above 8000 feet.

*Tuesday*...Partly cloudy with a slight chance of showers. Snow level above
8000 feet.

*Tuesday Night*...Partly cloudy with a slight chance of showers. Snow level
above 8000 feet.

*Wednesday*...Partly cloudy with a slight chance of rain. Snow level above
8000 feet.

*Wednesday Night*...Partly cloudy with a slight chance of rain. Snow level
above 8000 feet.

*Thursday*...Partly cloudy with a slight chance of showers. Snow level above
8000 feet.

*Thursday Night*...Partly cloudy with a slight chance of showers. Snow level
above 8000 feet.

*Friday*...Partly cloudy with a slight chance of showers. Snow level above
8000 feet.
Lost and Found