[pct-l] hat Creek/Burney fires

jomike at cot.net jomike at cot.net
Sun Aug 9 17:16:25 CDT 2009

I just got a telephone call from Georgi "Firefly" Heitman. They (she and Denny) and her home are well and remain unscathed from the recent fires.

She said, as of last night at 5:00 the PCT was closed from Twin Bridges to at least Cassel and maybe as far as Burney Falls. Please note that is as of yesterday evening. No telling whether it is still closed or not.

Georgi sounded great and on top of things. She wants me to advise hikers that if they can get to her place (road walk) she'll see that they get to Burney Falls, if the trail is still closed.

are we there yet