[pct-l] Cascade Locks

Matthew Edwards hetchhetchyman at aol.com
Wed Aug 19 14:47:05 CDT 2009

Has anyone ever noticed what a beautiful location Cascade Locks resides upon?
>From the perspective of a thru-hiker this place is like the Elysian Plane, (heaven). I rolled in to town and go a humungous Bacon Double Cheeseburger and a Milkshake, Bought a sixpack of Coors and strolled down to the Marine Park for a shower. I am now consuming said comestibles under the brillaint sunshine next to the gigantinormous Columbia river.
If I tried this in my home state of California I would be summarily executed or something.
Wow, I really like Oregon!
They have an aweful lot of cool Jeeps here too!
I have been lying in the park drying my laundry and just taking in the beauty of this place.
Anyhow, fellow thru's.. Don't give up!
Heaven Awaits!
Cheers-Iceaxe

Sent from the Trail on my Peek