[pct-l] GORP Recipe

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Aug 22 04:24:43 CDT 2009

Everyone has their own recipe because everyone has different tastes and nutritional requirements.? But I knew that you would love to know the Trail Pirate's latest GORP recipe.? This is great to snack on as you walk throughout the day.? Remember, it does not matter how nutritious your food is if you do not like to eat it out there.

?

Here it is.? Mix as your taste requires, but the?Gardetto's is my main ingredient.

?

--??Ritz mini peanut crackers

-- M&M Almonds

-- Gardetto's Party Mix Original?with some nuts/fruits added if you want

-- Frito corn chips
Frito corn chips
?

Some?tasty?protein turkey and salmon jerky would be nice too.? Don't forget the slice of apple in your jerky bag/jar to keep it fresh and moist.? Be sure you wipe an?alcohol pad across your scissors before cutting up your jerky into smaller bite size pieces to fit in your jerky bottle.

?

Yes, banging along the trail with this tasty GORP will give you super power.? If a bear got your other foods, you could easily make it to the next trailtown to resupply on this recipe.? No problem.? You could probably do your whole big trail?Yoyo hike on this GORP --- let me know how it turned out.

?

Of course, you could just carry some extra LaraBars and ProBars and forget the whole thing.? :-)? I use the bars for my walking breakfast early in the morning along with my?chocolate soy shake.? Starting the hiking day between 5-6 AM is a nice cool way to get in 6-8 miles before the sun really starts to hit you and you had a nice breakfast along the way too.

?

One thing about the protein shake.? I do add some high fiber cereal to it for a little crunch.? Hummmm.? Nice and cold chocolate drink on the early morning trail with some super tasty good-for-you cereal.? Hummmmmmm.? What a way to start a new hiking day.

?

Cheers, Switchback the Trail Pirate