[pct-l] "Living Death Valley" DVD by ProDeal (PCT '06), et al

enyapjr at comcast.net enyapjr at comcast.net
Fri Aug 28 02:44:37 CDT 2009

The "Living Death Valley" DVD, a film by Ryan "ProDeal" Christensen (PCT '06) and Jonah Matthewson,
with music by John Kilburn, is a magnificent work of art that will surely win much recognition and awards...
I give it "two thumbs up" and highly recommend buying it... I'm sure you will, too, once you view the full film.

It is somewhat unique with no narration whatsoever to interfere with absorbing the time lapse sequences
and other video footage while the music envelopes and draws the viewer deeper into the various scenes...

If you liked the opening/intro to the PCT class of '06 DVD, you will certainly love "Living Death Valley" -
especially so if you have spent any amount of time exploring the Death Valley environs...
The film brought back many memories of DV locations visited long ago - the mountains, ghost towns,
high desert, slot canyons, dunes, & salt flats not visited intimately by many of the average tourists that
hardly ever get out of their vehicles (and most of you, merely belonging to this list-serve, are certainly NOT
'average tourists' - you have some wanderlust and a need to explore within in your souls)...
If you've never visited Death Valley, this film will inspire you to do so, or, at least, put it on your "must do" list...

Please visit the "Living Death Valley" website (http://livingdeathvalley.com/), read the production notes,
watch (and listen to) the trailer a few times... ...then order it!  You surely won't regret it!!
It's a relative small amount of money well spent for a beautiful work of art (and for a good cause - the Death
Valley Natural History Association) that you will view, savor, and enjoy over and over...

My congratulations to Ryan ("ProDeal"), Jonah, and John, on their apparent successful collaboration...
Thank you for making this film!  I look forward to future releases from Bristlecone Media.
My best wishes and good luck to ProDeal in his new career path - it's definitely off to an excellent start!

Happy trails!!!
Jim (PITA)