[pct-l] Station Fire -- PCT Closure

enyapjr at comcast.net enyapjr at comcast.net
Sun Aug 30 12:46:10 CDT 2009

> I saw a report on another board that they are evacuating Soledad Canyon
> between Agua Dulce and Indian Canyon...

The "Gloria" fire in central CA near Pinnacles Nat'l. Monument (and the town of Soledad)
did have some evacuation orders and closures, which have since been lifted...
See <http://cdfdata.fire.ca.gov/incidents/incidents_details_info?incident_id=374> ...

BUT, I also saw the same stated 'somewhere' online last night referring to AD & Indian Canyon...
InciWeb does have some info up on the "Station" fire now, including a closure map...
See <http://inciweb.org/incident/1856/> ...

Meanwhile, it's easy for the media & gov PR folks to confuse the details here and there - and hard
for us to know immediately what's actually true without being there on location...
Some fires start moving so fast that those on location are not sure what's going on either!
Jim (PITA)

Support the Pacific Crest trail Association and its mission:
Protect, preserve, and promote the Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail...
Join or donate today: http://www.pcta.org/

"Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul."  - Edward Abbey