[pct-l] OR/CA

jomike at cot.net jomike at cot.net
Fri Dec 4 11:37:49 CST 2009

Hey Elderly Ellen,
Can you shed any light on this whole California treatment I sensed I
was getting from people in Oregon? Why don't they like Californians?

Diane

It's my understanding that they are usually referring to central and southern California's. They bring to OR a whole didn't life style: fast, sometimes dominate personalities, more vegan diets that comes across as arrogant, etc. They also come to OR buying expensive homes and causing taxes to increase.

The above is a very lame attempt to try to shed some light. They generally find CA's to be demanding and a fast life style. Other than Portland and Bend, OR is rather rural, lay back (kind of like true northern CA, where I live) and somewhat conservative. Totally different than the huge metropolitan areas in lower CA.

are we there yet