[pct-l] JMT Query from AT Forum

Mike Cunningham hikermiker at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 4 14:00:52 CST 2009

It is because of Californication.

hm

--- On Fri, 12/4/09, Scott Bryce <sbryce at scottbryce.com> wrote:

From: Scott Bryce <sbryce at scottbryce.com>
Subject: Re: [pct-l] JMT Query from AT Forum
To: pct-l at backcountry.net
Date: Friday, December 4, 2009, 2:33 PM

Diane wrote:

> Can you shed any light on this whole California treatment I sensed I
> was getting from people in Oregon? Why don't they like Californians?

I grew up in Washington state. It was the same way there. We would watch
our pristine forests being cut down to make room for housing
developments that were bought up by California transplants. Then after
the Californians bought up the new houses, they would pass a city
ordinance restricting further development.

One local radio host used to say, "Ah, the rain! It makes the rivers
flow, and the flowers grow, and the Californians go.... back to California!"

Don't tell anyone... my family moved up from California.