[pct-l] Tent Idea on Ebay

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Sat Dec 5 18:25:32 CST 2009

My boyfriend got a Lunar Duo for when the two of us go backpacking
together. It seems really nice. We've only spent 3 nights in it so
far. Two of them our site was tilted and I spent the night being
crushed by him. We put seam sealer on the floor, but it didn't help.
It's very slippery. It's a little hard to set up so far, but we're
getting used to it. Other than that, it seems nice and roomy and I
really like how it has a door on both sides. Now I can get out in the
middle of the night to pee without having to climb over him.

I kept trying to convince him that if I carry the tent poles (two
short spreaders), stakes and the ground sheet (small tyvek sheet)
that it would relieve him of some of the weight. He kept laughing
that it wouldn't make much difference. But when I separated them from
the tent, it really was a large part of the weight. Now I have to
carry it. Should have kept my mouth shut! :(

Diane