[pct-l] jet boil or to boil water

David Ellzey david at xpletive.com
Sun Dec 6 00:28:04 CST 2009

I thing I learned while teaching myself how to prep FBC meals was that store bought dry pasta is uncooked, it was dried directly from pasta in dough form. So what you are really doing is cooking it, not rehydrating it and that takes longer. For FBC meals you take the time to cook it at home first then dehydrate it back to dry pasta so you are in fact just rehydrating it with hot water.

I had a few meals of crunchy pasta before I figured that out...

Dave