[pct-l] jet boil

Ellen Shopes igellen at comcast.net
Sun Dec 6 10:47:09 CST 2009

I have 2 alcohol stoves, one homemade and one  bought.  Both will boil a
liter of water in about 10 minutes (=2 fluid oz of alcohol).
One does learn to use tricks to make the single fuel burn work.  In addition
to a cozy, I soak most things for 10-15 min before cooking.  If an item
(pasta/rice) says it needs 7-10 minutes of cooking, generally it will cook
with a pre-soak, heat to boil, and set in cozy.
They're definitely not as efficient as my white gas stove, so fuel weight
needs to be considered when looking at total weight of the system.
EEllen