[pct-l] CA section F in March/April?

ned at pacificcrestcustombuilders.com ned at pacificcrestcustombuilders.com
Sun Dec 6 15:48:06 CST 2009

I went through "section F" (didn't have sections back then...) in early
April (March 14th start) and had moderate temps in the Mojave and snow up
out of Jawbone Canyon, about 2-3 feet deep.

As I've said elsewhere, we got used to the snow, though we sure didn't like
it out of Wrightwood, where we followed hwy. 2 to get around it all. Don't
change your plans because of snow, just expect to slow down and eat twice as
much as you normally would. For more snow related travel info, read our
postings at http://postholer.com/SnowTravel. You'll find that with a little
practical preparation and more than enough practice in the stuff, when you
hit the snow, either in SoCal or up out of Mojave, it will be no big deal.
It is beautiful and totally transforms what would otherwise be a dry, summer
landscape.

If ever in doubt about what to do, remember "STOP"-- stop, think, observe,
plan, then decide what is the safest decision you can make.

Mtnned
Mountain Education