[pct-l] sleeping with your food everywhere except in the Sierra

Stephen Adams reddirt2 at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 7 00:44:41 CST 2009

You all are hitting on what I think to be the reality of the situation, at least in my case.  I just think that over the years I simply haven't been on the bears' normal patrol routes.  I just think a lot of folks think  they are OK when they just are not getting the visits.  I know a lot of scary beary stories that have happened in Seki and I just don't think it's enough anymore to think I can get away with the way I was doing things anymore.  SO I now use an Ursack where we are not required to have canisters yet, and am upgrading to the Baricade when finances allow so I can camp any damn place I feel like and not worry about it anymore.  Can you imagine being three or more days from your trailhead or the nearest supply source and loosing your food?