[pct-l] canada entry

Bob Vance hikerbob62 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 8 01:15:02 CST 2009

On the other hand - if I was pretty sure I was going to be rejected for a
permit - I would not apply for one and just enter anyway.  That way I could
at least claim ignorance.  If you have been rejected for an entry permit it
is hard to claim ignorance.

you've hit the nail on the head here.just to let others know about Canadian regulations let me tell you my situation. i don't have a prayer of getting an entry permit. among other things i got a d.u.i. 22 years ago(don`t drink and drive kiddies!).in the past it was easy to enter. you just lied"convicted of a crime?no not me" its different now. Canada is now connected into the U.S.  NCIC. they don't care if you got a d.u.i. in your model t on the way to Coolidge's inaugural.you are forever barred from entering Canada ,unless you pay a butt load of money for a certificate of rehabilitation.  i don't have that kind of money and from what Ive heard they have no problem turning people away.my plan is to enter with a prepaid bus ticket to Vancouver ,a pre paid train ticket to Seattle,then arrive at the last minute.i really don`t want to screw up people who come after me and piss off the Canadians,but this is the situation I'm in.I'm doing this hike.any
 alternative plans would be welcome.