[pct-l] Getting into CAnada

Jim & Jane Moody moodyjj at comcast.net
Tue Dec 8 19:53:33 CST 2009

Scott Bryce wrote:

>The passport is to get back into the United States.

Be careful here.  I found out the hard way this summer that the passport CARD is valid for crossing the border only on land or water, not air.  For air travel between the US and Canada, you need the passport book.  I was denied permission to board a plane in Minneapolis to Vancouver (prepaid ticket, no less), because I had only the passport card, not the book.  I had to switch flights to Seattle and take Amtrak to Vancouver, with extra delay and cost.

So, if you plan on f lying back to the US from Vancouver after entering Canada near Manning Park, make sure you have your passport book.

Mango