[pct-l] jetboil new convert

canoeman at qnet.com canoeman at qnet.com
Wed Dec 9 02:30:03 CST 2009

I am not a long distance hiker any more, too many responsibilities ( read
daughter in college, astrophysics, for the long run. PHD)
So I am reintroducing myself to 2, 3, 5 day hikes, so pack weight not as much of
an issue, as it is for thru hikers.
After doing my research I broke down and picked up the Jet boil flash and the
helios guide cooking kit.
I'm thoroughly impressed.
I think I'll throw my MRS whispers on ebay, no more priming and mini flareups,
no pumping.
I tried it out after picking it up with the coffee press and made my work crew
some  trader joes coffee, with organc fair trade Cacao chocolate nibs, and with
some 83 percent cacao dark chocolate bars as a treat.
It was a total hit on this freezing night.
I love this stove, very nice, trouble free super fast boiling.

jetboil convert