[pct-l] Stove canisters

Steve McAllister brooklynkayak at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 13:11:12 CST 2009

This is true of any stove. You can get a leak in other stoves, they
can get knocked over and start fires. I don't consider using any stove
on or near combustible items as being very safe.

Maybe people think that alcohol stoves are safer than other stoves and
take more chances?

Backpacker alcohol stoves, especially side jet types are meant to be
placed on surfaces that can handle the heat, away from flammable
materials. This is also true of other stoves, esbit included.

--
... when your feeling blue, and you've lost all your dreams, there's
nothing like a campfire and a can of beans!

http://kayakbrooklyn.blogspot.com