[pct-l] Stove canisters

David Ellzey david at xpletive.com
Wed Dec 9 13:57:49 CST 2009

If a picture is worth a 1000 words, what does this one say about alcohol stoves?
http://redgypsy.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/2g-alcoholstoverings.jpg

It appears to me that sense burning alcohol is virtually invisible that a lot of people don't even know they have a spill or leak flame going on.

Having said that, I also believe that the problems are coming from novice hikers who are jumping to the most extreme choices on all their gear to be "ultralight" without the experience to properly use it.

BigToe