[pct-l] Water Filter

tom aterno nitnoid1 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 10 10:40:12 CST 2009

I am not sure of the Frontier Pro flow rate, but if what you posted is correct, that would not be a problem for the way I used it.  I would fill a 1 liter bottle with untreated water.  Screw on the Frontier Pro, and drink immediately using the bite valve.  No waiting for chemicals to kill the nasties.  With the bottle and filter, it is a long contraption, but it fit in the side pocket of my Mariposa Plus with no snagging.  I also brought along Aqua Mira drops, and used them in my 1.5 liter bladder.  There really is no need to carry a lot of water in the Sierra unless you dry camp.  I highly recommend the Frontier Pro.

The Incredible Bulk