[pct-l] jetboil trials, slogging on through

David Ellzey david at xpletive.com
Thu Dec 10 20:14:17 CST 2009

Well, if you are going to dive deep into gourmet lightweight (not ultra) backpack food preparation, you will need one of these: http://www.bakepacker.com/bakul.html

I originally got one to bake fish on flypacking trips but I have to admit carrying it just to make cornbread and cake on a 10 day PCT hike from Echo Lake to Virginia Lakes. I personally would not do it again as we used the JetBoil group pot and I missed the PCS cup. Carrying both seems sort of absurd. Yes, I realize the irony of that statement coming from a guy who baked cornbread on a 160 mile section hike.

BigToe