[pct-l] PCT Barefoot - Resources

Paul Mitchell bluebrain at bluebrain.ca
Fri Dec 11 01:25:11 CST 2009

Thanks for the info Diane!

> She did fine. But she did put on her flip-flops in the afternoon because
the soil was too hot and burning her feet.

One of the things I've read suggested that in terms of clothing, feet are
like hands and only need to be clothed when necessary to protect from the
elements.  Seems pretty logical to me.  The consensus among bare-footers
seems to be that once you get used to walking barefoot, the idea of doing a
hike with shoes would be like wearing mittens all the time.

So, something to protect from the extreme hot and cold when necessary, but
that's it.  Prickly, hard, rough, etc don't seem to be a problem for
toughened feet.

Cheers,
- Potential178