[pct-l] Blisters and more.

Sean Carey seanpct at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 02:44:57 CST 2009

Hello list,

I attempted to thru hike the pct this last year. I unfortunately had to stop
at Idylwild due to a very badly sprained knee. I also had some other issues
while hiking, but I would of continued if it hadn't been for the sprained
knee. One of my main questions is concerning blisters. I had them bad. Worst
than anybody I hiked with. I did however meet a few people that said they
had bad blisters as well. I had been told before hand that I was partially
"flat footed" and some people on the trail said that this also makes me
blister easier. My feet were blistered pretty much the entire time starting
after the second day. Even after stopping once in Mt Laguna for 3 days.

I am wondering how in the world can I better prepare or treat blisters
before hand or while on the trail??? Depending on my money situation I might
give it another run this coming year. I now know so much more than I did
before. There are so many realities that I am now aware of. That I was not
before. The main thing I do remember and need to figure out somehow. Is the
blister situation. Thank you so much all.

Sean C.