[pct-l] PCT Barefoot

Paul Mitchell bluebrain at bluebrain.ca
Fri Dec 11 19:36:45 CST 2009

I see the PCT-L is as respectful and constructive as ever.  ;-)

The PCT features hot ground, hard frozen snow, sharp rocks, and it's very,
very long - obvious significant challenges to unshod feet, and the reasons
I'm seeking advice from those who may have tried it.  I doubt it's realistic
for me to be able to take it on barefoot next year, I have the added
challenge of poor vision to make navigating sharp obstacles more
challenging, but the arguments for barefoot travel are compelling and it's
certainly an idea that is worth investigating.

- P178