[pct-l] Blisters 2-sock approach

Yoshihiro Murakami completewalker at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 17:54:04 CST 2009

The foot blisters are caused by the heat of the frictions between
socks and foot. So, It is important to reduce the friction. The ways
to avoid blisters are:

  1. to wear suitable boots or shoes.  I think slightly larger boots
lets heat go.
  2. to maintain appropriate moisture level. I usually change my socks
in 3 hours. Too dry and too moisture is bad.
  3.To use appropriate insoles. Good insoles prevents blisters and
injuries:I usually wear SOLBO:It is very cheap and effective.
  4.Antiperspirants  and drying powders  do not appear effective. I
found two papers in PubMed in this morning( I live in Japan )
  5. A thin polyester sock, combined with a thick wool or
polypropylene sock are effective to prevent blisters:  Knapik JJ, et
al. Sports Med. 1995 Sep;20(3):136-47."Friction blisters.
Pathophysiology, prevention and treatment." This layer system is
effective to exhaust moisture. I read this in other papers.

Thus,  Jereen 's approach is right. I had tried two socks approach
once but I gave up because of the shoes size. Now, I wear very cheap
smart sock and change new one when I feel moisture.

--
Sincerely