[pct-l] Crisis in CA

Stephen Adams reddirt2 at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 12 20:59:43 CST 2009

i'll second that.  And your comments run along the lines of what I've said a few times about folks thinking to do the PCt because it's there and popular, and should thereby be something other than it really is, like a walk a easy access National Park.  Perhaps it should be called the "Pacific Crest- Built For Fair Weather and Not Everyone Should Do It- National Scenic Trail.  Same goes even more so for the JMT.  But God Bless 'em just the same.  You should see the idiots on the freeways down here let alone when it rains and such.  Unfortunately the San Gabriel Mtns are really easy access for anyone.  Even way down here on the LA Harbor in San Pedro I don't think it's even an hour to get to Angeles Crest Highway.  And there's a couple million folks living a lot closer than me.  We even have what's called the Foothill freeway that parallels the range on its flanks.  So in those couple millions or so there is perhaps a one or two knuckleheads.
I've been hearing the emergency broadcast system's flash flood warnings for the Station Fire area for a few hours now about every half hour.  It's still raining steady but lightly here to the south on the harbor, but it was dumping earlier and that's probably the cell that hit the area and caused the mud.  But it was already saturated as it didn't just start raining today.  And I don't think they'll get much snow locally as it has warmed up quite a bit since yesterday and a lot since the cold front a few days back that could have brought snow down to two thousand feet as it was in the thirties even here by the ocean.
But
i bet they are getting good snow up in the Sierra !