[pct-l] Halfmile's PCT Maps - FYI update

enyapjr at comcast.net enyapjr at comcast.net
Thu Dec 17 16:29:48 CST 2009

Update from Halfmile  (pct-l was CCed, but I haven't seen it 'pop up' on the list yet)...

----- Halfmile <halfmile at pctmap.net> wrote:
> I have been spending all my time updating maps recently and not
> updating the web site to let everyone know what is going on. Anyway,
> today I finished updating all the maps of the entire PCT and they are
> now online at <http://www.pctmap.net>.
>
> I am not doing away with elevation profiles, but replacing them with
> much better profiles that Crop Duster, a 2009 hiker is making. He has
> done a great job and they address the issues you are discussing.
> About half the maps now have Crop Duster's profile pages. Check out
> California Section H to see what the profiles look like. I will update
> the web site later this evening so everyone can see exactly what has
> been completed.
>
> -Halfmile

Thanks, Halfmile!!  Keep up the great work!  The new profiles sound promising, too...

Happy trails!!!
Jim (PITA)

Support the Pacific Crest Trail Association and its mission:
Protect, preserve, and promote the Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail...
Join, renew, or donate today: <http://www.pcta.org/>

"Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey