[pct-l] How to shave a five month beard on PCT

Ernie Castillo erniec01 at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 19 05:40:43 CST 2009

Did I ever tell you about the time . . .

So there I was . . .

I wasn't known as a gram counter but I didn't pack a razor during my 1980 through hike. I went months at a time without shaving. Fortunately, my beard -- if you can call it that -- was more like that of Shaggy, the character on Scooby Doo.

I also didn't pack deodorant. (Yes, I packed soap.) I also left my disco shoes at home. I was focused on Canada, not impressing women.

Speaking of . . . I also wondered -- but was too afraid to ask -- what the women did regarding the topic.

Ernie Castillo
erniec01 at hotmail.com
248 884 5201