[pct-l] what does 2 pounds mean

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Sun Dec 20 09:13:12 CST 2009

I wish I could have listened to my body and eaten what it wanted on
the trail. Unfortunately, I ended up eating a lot of junk food mostly
because it was the easiest way to eat without taking off my headnet
(mosquitoes) or stopping to sit down (mosquitoes and rain.)

As far as poundage, I preferred pancakes and eggs over burgers and
fries, and coffee over beer. I even went so far as to time my town
stops so that I could arrive in time for breakfast. The best strategy
was to arrive for dinner and have breakfast the morning I left, or to
arrive 3 miles away from town the night before, saving those 3 miles
so that I wouldn't arrive in town before breakfast joints were open.

The food thing is so much more flexible than I ever expected when I
was first sitting there with a mountain of guide books listing
mysterious town stops.