[pct-l] Neo Air & Pack Weight

Bradley Issler bradley.issler at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 12:23:04 CST 2009

Greetings,

So, to the newbies....you fill find your niche with pack weight.  As you
travel along you will realize that you don't need certain items you may have
thought essential (e.g. soap, extra pants etc).  I started last year with
too heavy a load as Ithought I "needed" all this stuff.  Toward the end of
my trip I am guessing my base weight to be about 12-14 pounds; including a
game of Farkle (ain't that right Diamond Dave?).

One thing i will definitely recommend is the Therm a Rest Neo Air.  I
carried this most of the traili and it was the best investment EVER!!!!.  It
weighs as much as the foam ridge rest but gives you 2.5 inches of cushion
and an r value of 2.8.

They appear to be very fragile and flimsy, but I am telling you they hold
up.  I mean, if they can support Diamond Dave's behemoth
self..........Anyhow, they also have a lifetime warranty and if you buy at
REI you got double coverage.  Some might be worried about punctures in the
desert....well, that is what Tyvek is for....and, good site selection.  I
never had a problem.

Jukebox!